BP Opinions…Part 2
I am not going to sit here an d bitch about what a horrible injustice and how much of an epic fail BP has committed against the earth, humans and the ocean. That much is a given. I am not going to sit her and go over the scores of people who are going to be out of work, and the scores of lies that VP is doing to cover up their screw up and the fact that 32% of the gulf of Mexico is officially unfishable and will not be for quite some time. What I am going to do is bitch about people and their lack of intelligence in response to this matter…. That is where I feel the media is lacking, and I will pick up the slack.
I was tickled a few days after I originally posted part 1 on my face book I read an article in the local paper here that was addressing the boycott of BP gas stations. It basically said that it’s the little guy that is being hurt, and supported my argument on the matter in Part 1. I was so ecstatic that the media was finally addressing this small facet. I went home from work feeling a little vindicated… I was right.
So the following day, same paper I read some whining bitch talk about the article “missing the point, and the people are grasping to find things that they can do to relieve the pain of watching the oil spill on the new every day” –(Mary L Barnich St. Petersburg fl) And how she is not able to buy BP gas because she can not get past the sign, and the same reason she does not by Exxon gas because of the Valdez spill. What she failed to see in the same article is said that BP sells their gas to anyone who will by it to put in their tanks, and that the BP gas stations may not even have BP gas in their tanks to sell. She was so focused on the “emotion” that she failed to see the facts. If she feels so strongly about the spills that she refuses to buy gas at these stations then she should be just as strong in her conviction to give up her car all together! No mater where she is buying her gas she is still supporting the industry. And the only way to be true to her convictions is give up EVERYTHING in society that relies on petroleum.
So for everyone who feels so strongly about sticking it to BP and to any of the other oil giants this is what you need to do….
1) Sell your car!
2) Stop buying food at the market and grow your own.
3) Raise your own meat, cows, pigs, chickens… and this means you have to slaughter them to…
4) Turn off your electricity…. They put gas in those trucks that come out to fix your power. Don’t worry about keeping your meat fresh with out a fridge, live animals is natures way of keeping food fresh!
5) Grow your own veggies, and the wonderful thing here is that there is a sustainable form of farming called aquaponics that allows you to grow fish, their waste feeds the veggies and the veggies clean the water. So YAY you get meet and veggies! Isn’t the circle of life grand!
Basically going back in time and giving up any form of electronic comfort you have grown up with, no microwave oven, TV dinners, video games, iPODs and cell phones! Forbid you have to work for you food, and support your self and just maybe you won’t be quite so fat or sloth! You will learn to socialize with people in your community trade what you have to much of for what you don’t have enough.
There is a lot of pro’s and just as many con’s to living like this. I am not writing this to promote living off the grid. I am promoting educating your self on the whole picture. Learning about the oil industry, the only way you can fight an enemy is know your enemy.
Myself I am very much plugged into the grid, and I have no intention right now to give it up. And I am VERY angry at what is happening in the gulf and what BP is doing. I know that there is nothing that I can do personally to bring down BP or any of the oil giants. But I do know that if I get the word out there for others to learn how not to be as dependent on petroleum. Then together WE ALL can make an impact in BP’s and ALL the oil giants’ bottom line!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment